I have been led to create a page of prayers. These are to lend words and structure to the cries out to Christ when you have no place to start. It would be my pleasure to pray for you personally as well. Please reach out via email should you desire.
31 THINGS TO PRAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN AND FUTURE GENERATIONS (provided by Everglades Baptist Church, Florida)
- Pray for their moral purity. (Proverbs 5:7-23; I Thessalonians 4:3-8)
- Pray for them to obey and respect parents and other authorities. (Exodus 20:12; Romans 13)
- Pray that God would draw them to Himself at an early age. (John 3:3; John 6:44)
- Pray for their protection against the schemes of Satan. (Ephesians 6:10-18a)
- Pray that they will know and love God’s Word. (Psalm 119:9-16)
- Pray they will glorify God in whatever health or life circumstances He gives them, rejoicing always. (I Corinthians 10:31, I Thessalonians 5:18)
- Pray for them to be filled with the wisdom of the Lord. (Proverbs 1:7; I Corinthians 1:18-31)
- Pray for them to have and be a special friend. (e.g. David and Jonathon I Samuel 20)
- Pray that they will endure hardship in fellowship with Christ. (Colossians 1:24)
- Pray that they will keep their word. (Matthew 5:37; Ephesians 4:25)
- Pray that they will be equally yoked to a godly spouse. (2 Corinthians 6:14)
- Pray for them to be humble, desiring for God to have the glory. (2 Timothy 4:18; Romans 11:36)
- Pray that their life would be used to promote God’s kingdom. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Pray that they will understand grace and be a testimony to God’s transforming power. (Titus 2:11; 3:3-8)
- Pray that girls will have a quiet and gentle spirit and that boys will be the spiritual leader of their family. (I Peter 3:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-33)
- Pray that they will hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. (Matthew 5:6)
- Pray that they will identify with their maleness/femaleness. (Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 2:21-24)
- Pray that they will hate evil and avoid it and get caught when they disobey. (Proverbs 4:14; Hebrews 12:5-11)
- Pray that they will be hard workers. (Colossians 3:23-25)
- Pray that they will think Biblically. (2 Corinthians 10:5; 2 Timothy 2:15)
- Pray that they will be an encourager to others. (Hebrews 10:24)
- Pray that they will love the Church. (Ephesians 4:14-16)
- Pray that they will be salt and light. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- Pray that they will be secure in who God has made them to be. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 139:13-16)
- Pray that they will know they are deeply loved. (Psalm 103)
- Pray that they will live selflessly, not selfishly. (Philippians 2:1-10)
- Pray that they will love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- Pray that they will love others. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- Pray that they would have honesty with the Lord, themselves and others, and that they would be quick to confess sin. (I John 1:1-9)
- Pray that they will be faithful stewards of all the treasures and talents God entrusts to them. (Matthew 25:14-30; I Timothy 6:6-10; 2 Timothy 1:13-14)
- Pray that they will live with an eternal perspective. (Matthew 6:33; Galatians 2:20)
PRAYERS for your HUSBAND by Bruce Wilkins, through Provcerbs 31 devotion:
Secret #1: Appeal to God in prayer to help your husband succeed in his work.
God has wired men to achieve and labor to become successful in their work. (Of course, women desire to achieve and become successful as well, but wives have a unique role in helping their husbands!) Learn his biggest breakthrough, what he hopes to achieve in his current work, and what he’s looking to achieve in his next career move. Anyone can pray a general prayer, but you have the heart to really uncover what would make him dance and shout for joy.
Secret #2: Appeal to God to help your husband overcome his problems.
If your husband isn’t facing at least one problem that might discourage him, then wait until tomorrow! Whether it’s a difficult boss, a lack of money, the temptation to sin or a struggle with discouragement, just imagine how your husband will feel when he discovers you care so much that you’ll help shoulder the weight with him.
Secret #3: Appeal to God to transform your husband into the image of Christ.
This is the most powerful type of praying. Instead of nagging, ask God to do the very thing He wants — to transform your husband more and more to be like Jesus in his character and conduct. Choose one character quality (such as patience, love or kindness) that you know your husband wishes he had more of … and make that your primary prayer focus.
Secret #4: Appeal to God to draw your husband into a closer relationship with Christ.
Ultimately when this happens, God’s Spirit will empower your husband in every area of his life. Ask God to draw your husband into repentance so that he can experience the incredible grace, mercy and compassion of the Father.